What's This All About?
What better way to see what decisions await in the Real World then to place youths in a situation where they can make those decisions! The Adolescent Real World Simulation works! Data collected from youth surveys suggest this simulated event has a powerful punch.
This site is dedicated to teaching adults who work with young people, how to design and coordinate a simulated Real World experience in their community. The Real World experience has been shown to help youths:
1.Better understand the correlations between continued education and increased earning,
2.Decision making regarding lifestyle choices and fiscal decisions, and
3.Increase motivation to learn life skills required to transition to adulthood.
Research shows The Real World really makes an impact! Youths increased their learning on average by:
50% - Information about renting
26% - Budgeting
58% - Banking
42% - Health insurance
27% - Connection between higher education and higher earning
Users with this curriculum on average increased their learning by 34% over face-to-face teaching.
We all agree, the Real World is an innovative way to help young adults prepare for adulthood. But did you know, this interactive online curriculum is also an innovative way to engage and teach adults the Real World process?
ILR was featured for their research and innovation in developing the Real World Simulation Curriculum in International Innovation.
What is included in the Real World Package?
Purchase the Real World Simulation Event Package for $249.95 and you'll receive:
- An online curriculum illustrating how to coordinate a Real World event in your community. The curriculum is always available.
- An Interactive Timeline that will help you stay on course and focused on tasks. Enter your event date and you'll receive email reminders too.
- The Real World Toolkit complete with documents, letters, instructions and posters that can be tailored to fit the needs of your demographic area.
- Updates on the Real World Toolkit documents
- Online and telephone technical assistance. Webinars are scheduled to begin quarterly in January 2016.
- Forever access for one price!*
*Anyone who received Real World Training directly from Nancy Carter, should contact her to arrange access to the site.
Real World In Action
There are Real World events happening all over the country!
Let us feature your Real World event here! Send a video or news article so we can feature your community!
This video features an event in Winston Salem, NC coordinated by Goodwill Industries, Forysth DSS, and Financial Pathways of the Piedmont
Find Out More
Watch the following video for a preview!
To find out more about The Real World, and take a FREE virtual tour, Click HERE