Table of Contents
- 1 Advertising Policy
- 2.1 How Ilrinc Collects Your Information
- 2.2 How We May Use Information We Collect
- 2.3 How We May Share Information
- 2.4 Data Storage and Availability
- 2.5 Your Options
- 2.6 How We Keep Your Information Safe
- 2.7 Links to Other Websites From Ilrinc.com
- 2.8 Surveys and Quizzes
- 2.9 Children’s Privacy
- 2.10 Information for Users Outside the United States and European Union
- 2.11 How We Will Notify You of Changes to This Privacy Statement
- 2.12 How to Get in Touch
- 3 California Privacy Notice
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Medical Advice Disclaimer
- 4.5 Ilrinc.com Intellectual Property
- 4.6 Reliance on Information on Ilrinc.com
- 4.7 Prohibited Uses of the Site
- 4.8 Content That You Make Available on the Site
- 4.9 Your Indemnification of Us
- 4.10 WARRANTY DISCLAIMER
- 4.11 LIABILITY DISCLAIMER
- 4.12 Third Party Links, Advertisements, Websites and Content
- 4.13 Disputes
- 4.14 Waiver and Severability
- 4.15 Entire Agreement
- 4.16 DMCA Policy
- 4.17 Advertising Guidelines
- 4.18 Prohibited Content
- 4.19 Additional Standards
- 4.20 Licensed & Third-Party Content
- 4.21 Product Recommendations
- 5 How to Contact Us
Updated October 17, 2022
We accept adverts on our website to retain the resources necessary to provide you with the highest quality information. We place high importance on openness and hope that this policy inspires even more confidence in the quality of our information and services.
Ilrinc allows advertisements on its website but maintains a clear and rigorous boundary between advertisements and editorial content. Please refer to our Advertising Policy for a complete explanation of how advertising and sponsored content are identified on our pages and the rules they must adhere to.
Special care is taken to ensure that advertisements do not interfere with the reading experience. This pertains to page layout and the number of advertisements we select to display per page.
There is a clear separation between advertising and editorial material on Ilrinc.
- All advertising or sponsored content on Ilrinc is clearly and unambiguously distinguished from editorial content by borders or other distinguishing elements and/or labelled as “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored,” or a similar designation indicating that the content is provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
- All advertisements on Ilrinc are labelled as “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored,” or a similar designation indicating that the content is provided by or for the sponsor.
- All “native” advertisements and sponsored content are labelled as “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored,” or a similar designation to indicate that the content is provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
- The editorial content on Ilrinc sites is not influenced by advertisements unless the content is sponsored content, in which case it will be delineated and identified with the title “Ad,” “Advertisement,” or “Sponsored,” or a similar designation, indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of an advertiser or sponsor.
- The guidelines apply to all advertising and sponsored content that appears on Ilrinc.com.
Updated October 17, 2022
How Ilrinc Collects Your Information
Information You May Choose to Provide to Us
We may gather information directly from you, including personal data, if you want to offer it. For instance, when you join our newsletters or participate in Site-based promotions or surveys, you may give us your name and contact information (such as an email address), date of birth, and other information of a similar sort.
Information you give us about others.
You may provide information about other individuals, such as the name and email address of a friend or contact with whom you wish to share an article or the name and address of the receiver of a gift subscription. Do not provide us with information on third parties unless you have their permission or are authorised to do so. We will use their information per the terms outlined in this Privacy Notice.
Automatically Collected Information When You Access Ilrinc.com
When you visit the Site, our third-party partners and our site may automatically gather information about your visit using methods like cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies. This information may include your IP address, characteristics of your operating system, information about your browser and system settings, information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Site, unique device identifiers, and click stream data (which shows the page-by-page path you take as you browse the Site). Our third-party partners or we may combine information that we or they automatically gather with other information about you, including information that you voluntarily supply.
Cookies are tiny files used by websites and other online services to store information about users on their computers. This Site may employ cookies (such as HTTP and HTML5) and other forms of local storage. For more information about cookies, see http://www.allaboutcookies.org. Learn more about how to limit or disable cookies on your computer in the section below titled Your Choices. If you opt to disable cookies, this may impact certain parts of the Site that rely on cookies to improve their functionality.
We may place tags (sometimes known as “web beacons”) on site pages or emails we send you to manage our automatic data collection. Web beacons are small files that connect web pages to specific web servers and their cookies. They can be used for various purposes, including counting the number of visitors to the Site, analysing how users navigate around the Site, determining how many emails we send are opened, and determining which articles or links visitors view.
On the Site, we also employ third-party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to supply us with statistics and other information about visitors.
“Do Not Track” indications. Your browser settings may enable you to send a “do not track” signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no agreement among industry participants on what “do not track” means in this situation. Ilrinc.com, like many other websites, is not set up to respond to browser “do not track” signals. Click here to learn more about “do not track” signals.
Finally, organisations that provide certain third-party apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins that may appear on the Site (for example, Facebook “Like” buttons) may gather information about your interactions with these features using automated mechanisms. This information gathering is subject to those suppliers’ privacy policies or notices.
Additional information about our cookies and other tracking technologies can be found in our Cookies Disclosure.
You may also choose to disclose personal information about yourself when participating in the Site’s forums or conversations. Please remember that any information you submit in these forums may be read or recorded by anyone who visits the Site. As a result, you should avoid posting sensitive personal information that you do not want to be made public.
How We May Use Information We Collect
Ilrinc information may be used for various purposes, including those indicated below. For example, if you contact us with a query and offer your email address, we will answer your enquiry using your provided email address. Furthermore, we utilise the information we receive from you and via the Site to:
- Provide items and services that you request (for example, when you sign up for our email newsletters);
- Respond to requests, questions, and comments, as well as give other forms of user assistance;
- We may offer you products and services through marketing emails or direct you to parts of this Site or other websites that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To provide you with ads, information, and offers from us or third parties based on your interests and online activity;
- Communicate and manage your involvement in events, programmes, sweepstakes, and other special offers or promotions.
- Execute, evaluate, and enhance our company (which may include developing new features for the Site, analysing and improving the user experience on the Site, determining the success of our marketing and advertising, and managing our communications);
- Perform data analytics on the Site’s usage (including market and customer research, trend analysis, and financial analysis);
- Protect against, detect, and prevent fraud and other criminal activities, claims, and other liabilities; and
- Comply with all applicable laws, law enforcement requests, and company policies.
The information we gather through the Site may be accessed by our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers that work on our behalf. They are restrained from using personal data obtained through the Site for purposes other than offering the requested service and are subject to confidentiality obligations. Additionally, we might divulge details:
- With our affiliates for internal business reasons;
- With third parties for marketing purposes, such as social media networks, data management platforms, and other advertising technology providers. For example, we may match your email address with third parties with whom you have also agreed to share your email address and use this match to send you personalised offers or emails on the Sites and elsewhere online;
- If the law, a rule, or a legal process (like a court order or subpoena) says we have to;
- In response to requests from government agencies, like law enforcement, including to meet national security requirements;
- If we think it’s necessary or appropriate to share information to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- About analytics and statistical information so that advertisers can learn more about our users;
- If we sell or give away all or part of our business or assets, this clause will apply (including a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation). In this case, we will try to give you reasonable notice, such as an email or a notice on our website, of any change in ownership, new uses of your personal information that aren’t compatible with the old uses, and any choices you may have about your personal information; and
- With your permission or at your discretion.
Data Storage and Availability
Stop getting emails. Click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an email newsletter to stop getting that newsletter. If you want to stop receiving Ilrinc email campaigns, please email email@example.com with the subject line “Unsubscribe”. When we send newsletters to subscribers, we may allow advertising or partners to incorporate messages or send separate newsletters on their behalf. We may share your opt-out preferences with third parties so that they can respect your preferences following applicable legislation.
Prohibiting cookies. Specific browsers may be configured to alert you when you get cookies or to permit you to restrict or reject cookies. However, if you opt to disable cookies, certain Site features whose functionality is enhanced by cookies may become inoperable.
Disabling shared local objects. We may utilise alternative forms of local storage that function similarly to browser cookies but are kept in a different location on your machine. You may be able to disable HTML5 local storage on your browser or remove data stored in HTML5 local storage. Click here for information about erasing information from “local shared objects” or altering choices relevant to this topic.
How We Keep Your Information Safe
We use the proper administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information from accidental, illegal, or unauthorised destruction, loss, change, access, disclosure, or use. Still, it’s not possible to guarantee the security of information sent online, and you take some risk when you give information to any website, including this one. If you have a question about data security, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can email us to ask for an invite to our bug bounty programme so you can report problems you find on Ilrinc.com using email@example.com.
Links to Other Websites From Ilrinc.com
We may provide links to other websites operated by third parties on this website. We highly advise you to study the privacy statements and policies of any websites you link. We are not liable for the content, terms of service, or privacy policies of websites we do not own or manage.
Surveys and Quizzes
This website is not intended or designed for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have gathered personal information from a child under 16 years of age, we will erase such information.
Information for Users Outside the United States and European Union
Affiliates and/or service providers may store, transport, and process your personal information in and to the United States and other countries. The data protection regulations in these nations may provide lower protection for your personal information than those in your home country. We take great care to protect your personal information and have developed suitable safeguards for its international transfer. We shall transfer your personal information following applicable data protection legislation and establish appropriate procedures to guarantee that any third party having access to your information sufficiently protects your personal information (for instance, by using the Model Clauses as approved by the European Commission).
If you have questions or want more information regarding the international transfer of your personal data or the precautions in place, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Will Notify You of Changes to This Privacy Statement
How to Get in Touch
Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions regarding this policy or our privacy practices.
Please add “California privacy rights request” in the subject line of your email if you are a California resident inquiring about your California privacy rights.
Please add “GDPR privacy rights request” in the subject line of your email if you are a resident of the European Economic Area enquiring about your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
You may also write to:
28 Liberty St
New York, NY 10005
California Privacy Notice
This California Consumer Act Privacy Notice (“CCPA Notice”) applies to “Consumers” as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). For the purpose of this CCPA Notice, personal information applies to “Personal Information” as defined by the CCPA (also referred to herein as “PI”).
We collect and share the following categories of PI from the corresponding sources and for the corresponding purposes outlined in the table below.
|Category of Personal Information||Sources of Personal Information||Purposes for Collection||Categories of Third Parties with whom Personal Information is Shared||Purposes of Third Parties Receiving PI|
|1. Identifiers and Personal Records
(e.g., email address, name, address, IP address, credit card number)
|Directly from you; your devices; Vendors||Performing Services;
Processing and managing interactions and transactions;
Quality Assurance; security; debugging; marketing
|Vendors who assist us in providing services and running our internal business operations (“Vendors”); Data Analytics Partners; Corporate affiliates||Performing Services on our behalf;
Processing and managing interactions and transactions; performing services;
Quality Assurance; security; debugging
|2. Customer Acct. Details/Commercial Information
(e.g., details of your use of our service)
|You; your devices; Vendors||Performing Services;
Research and development; quality assurance; security; debugging; and marketing
|Data Analytics Partners; Vendors; Corporate affiliates||Performing Services on our behalf; research and development; quality assurance; security; and debugging|
|3. Internet Usage Information (e.g., information regarding your interaction with our services)||You; your devices; Data Analytics Partners; Vendors||Research and development; quality assurance; security; and debugging||Partners; Vendors; Corporate affiliates||Performing Services on our behalf; Research and development; quality assurance; security; and debugging|
|4. Inferences (e.g., your preferences, the likelihood of interest in certain of our services)||Data Analytics Partners; Vendors; Advertising Networks||Research and development; quality assurance; and marketing||Data Analytics Partners; Vendors; Advertising Networks; Corporate affiliates||Performing Services on our behalf; research and development; quality assurance; marketing|
Some browsers have signals that may be characterized as do not track signals, but we do not understand them to operate in that manner or to indicate a do not sell expression by you, so we currently do not recognize these as a do not sell request. We understand that various parties are developing do not sell signals, and we may recognize specific signals if we conclude such a program is appropriate.
California Consumers have the right to exercise their privacy rights under the CCPA. California Consumers may exercise these rights via an authorized agent who meets the agency requirements of the CCPA. Any request you submit is subject to an identification and residency verification process (“Verifiable Consumer Request”). We will not fulfil your CCPA request unless you have provided sufficient information for us to reasonably verify you are the Consumer about whom we collected PI. In order to verify your identity, we will send you an email to the email address you provided to us, and you must take action as described in our email. This will enable us to verify that the person who made the request controls and has access to the email address associated with the request. We will check our systems for the email address that you provide and any information associated with such email address. If you provide us with an email address that has not been used to interact with us, then we will not be able to verify your identity. In other words, the only reasonable method by which we may verify the identity of individuals is if we have an email address on file that was provided to us in relation to our services. We will be unable to fulfil your request if we cannot verify your identity. Please follow the instructions on our Consumer Rights Request page here and respond to any follow-up inquiries we may make.
Some personal information we maintain about Consumers is not sufficiently associated with enough personal information about the Consumer for us to be able to verify that it is a particular Consumer’s personal information (e.g., clickstream data tied only to a pseudonymous browser ID). As required by the CCPA, we do not include that personal information in response to Verifiable Consumer Requests. If we cannot comply with a request, we will explain the reasons in our response.
We will make commercially reasonable efforts to identify Consumer PI that we collect, process, store, disclose, and otherwise use and to respond to your California Consumer privacy rights requests. We will typically not charge a fee to fully respond to your requests, but we may charge a reasonable fee, or refuse to act upon a request, if your request is excessive, repetitive, unfounded, or overly burdensome.
To make a request according to your rights to know or to request deletion of your PI set forth below, please click here, where you will find a description of the process we use to verify your request and any information that we will need to confirm your identity. In order to verify your identity, we will send you an email to the email address that you provide to us, and you must take action as described in our email. This will enable us to verify that the person who made the request controls and has access to the email address associated with the request. We will check our systems for the email address that you provide, and any information associated with such email address. If you provide us with an email address that has not been used to interact with us, then we will not be able to verify your identity. In other words, the only reasonable method by which we may verify the identity of individuals is if we have an email address on file that was provided to us in relation to our services. We will be unable to fulfill your request if we cannot verify your identity.
For your specific pieces of information, as required by the CCPA, we will apply heightened verification standards, which may include a request to provide further information.
You have the right to send us a request, no more than twice in a twelve-month period, for any of the following for the period that is twelve months prior to the request date:
- The categories of PI we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected your PI.
- The business or commercial purposes for our collecting or selling your PI.
- The categories of third parties to whom we have shared your PI.
- The specific pieces of PI we have collected about you.
- A list of the categories of PI disclosed for a business purpose in the prior 12 months, or that no disclosure occurred.
- A list of the categories of PI sold about you in the prior 12 months, or that no sale occurred. If we sold your PI, we will explain:
- The categories of your PI we have sold.
- The categories of third parties to which we sold PI, by categories of PI sold for each third party.
You have the right to make or obtain a transportable copy, no more than twice in a twelve-month period, of your PI that we have collected in the period that is 12 months prior to the request date and are maintaining.
Please note that PI is retained by us for various time periods, so we may not be able to fully respond to what might be relevant going back 12 months prior to the request.
Except to the extent we have a basis for retention under CCPA, you may request that we delete your PI that we have collected directly from you and are maintaining. Note also that we are not required to delete your PI that we did not collect directly from you.
You may alternatively exercise more limited control of your PI by instead exercising one of the following more limited opt-outs, including unsubscribing from email newsletters.
We will not discriminate against you in a manner prohibited by the CCPA because you exercise your CCPA rights. However, we may charge a different price or rate, or offer a different level or quality of good or service, to the extent that doing so is reasonably related to the value of the applicable data. In addition, we may offer you financial incentives for the collection, sale and retention and use of your PI as permitted by the CCPA that can, without limitation, result in reasonably different prices, rates, or quality levels. The material aspects of any financial incentive will be explained and described in its program terms. Please note that participating in incentive programs is entirely optional, you will have to affirmatively opt-in to the program and you can opt-out of each program (i.e., terminate participation and forgo the ongoing incentives) prospectively by following the instructions in the applicable program description and terms. We may add or change incentive programs and/or their terms by posting notices on the program descriptions and terms linked to above so check them regularly.
Our Notice to Nevada Residents
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA):
Controller of your Personal Data
Legal Basis for Using Personal Data
We process your personal data only if we have a legal basis to do so, including:
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party;
- where you have given consent to our specific use.
The purpose for which we use and process your information and the legal basis on which we carry out each type of processing is further explained below.
Some of our processing of your data will involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Some of our external third-party service providers are also based outside of the EEA, and their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. This includes the United States. Where personal data is transferred to and stored in a country not determined by the European Commission as providing adequate levels of protection for personal data, we take steps to provide appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data, including when appropriate entering into standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, obliging recipients to protect your personal data.
Retention of Personal Data
Data Subject Access Rights
You have the following rights:
- Right of access to your personal data: You have the right to ask us for confirmation on whether we are processing your personal data, and access to the personal data and related information.
- Right to correction: You have the right to have your personal data corrected, as permitted by law.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data, as permitted by law.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw consent that you have provided.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the member state of your habitual residence.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request the limiting of our processing under limited circumstances.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit that information to another controller, including to have it transmitted directly, where technically feasible.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, as permitted by law, under limited circumstances.
In order to exercise any of these rights, please contact us according to the “How to Get Intouch” section herein. Please note that the above rights are not absolute and we may be entitled to refuse requests, wholly or partly, where exceptions under the applicable law apply.
Updated October 17, 2022
- “Ilrinc.com” shall include any information or services made available by Verywell, regardless of the medium, and shall include, without limitation any affiliated websites, mobile applications, videos, products and applications we make available. We reserve the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify, suspend or discontinue (temporarily or permanently) the Site, or any part of the Site, with or without notice.
- Ilrinc.com is not intended for users under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, do not use the Site and do not provide us with any personal information.
- We make no claims that Ilrinc.com or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States and the European Economic Area (EEA). Access to Ilrinc.com may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Site from outside the United States or the European Economic Area (EEA), you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Medical Advice Disclaimer
The content of Ilrinc.com is for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any question you may have regarding a medical condition. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Ilrinc.com does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. Reliance on any information provided by Ilrinc.com and other contributors appearing on the Site at the invitation of Ilrinc.com or other visitors to Ilrinc.com is solely at your own risk.
Ilrinc.com Intellectual Property
Your Limited License to our Intellectual Property
Ilrinc.com Trademarks and Logos
Ilrinc.com trademarks and services marks, associated logos and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of Ilrinc.com or its affiliates or licensors. You may not use such marks without the prior written permission of Ilrinc.com. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on Ilrinc.com are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Reliance on Information on Ilrinc.com
We have no obligation to, and you should not expect us to, review content on our Site, including User Contributions (defined below) or contributions by our independent contributors.
About our Contributors
Ilrinc.com seeks out content providers in particular subject matters as independent contractor contributors to our website. Ilrinc.com does not represent or guarantee that any contributor has achieved any particular level of expertise or knowledge or has any specific qualifications or credentials, without limitation, regarding the subject matter to which their contributions relate. To the extent we refer to each of these contributors as an expert, you must understand we rely on the information they provide us. We are not obligated to independently verify or attempt to confirm any information they provide, nor their qualifications or credentials. Ilrinc.com is not obligated to monitor or independently research or verify any content they contribute. Contributors are not employees of Ilrinc.com or its affiliates, even if they are characterised as experts. Ilrinc.com cannot and does not represent or warrant the accuracy, completeness or truthfulness of the qualifications or credentials of any contributor nor of any other users of Ilrinc.com.
Please do not rely on Ilrinc.com content, including User Contributions and content from our independent contractor contributors. Content is provided for general information purposes only and can never consider your unique personal circumstances and needs. You acknowledge and agree that any reliance or actions you take in violation of your agreement with us shall be at your sole and exclusive risk, and Ilrinc.com shall have no responsibility or liability to you whatsoever. You also acknowledge and agree that communications on or through the Site, whether with content providers or other users, are at your own risk and are not covered by any privilege or confidentiality obligation that might apply if you obtain your own professional advice (e.g., doctor-patient).
Prohibited Uses of the Site
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation.
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit or procure the sending of any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter”, “spam”, or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Ilrinc.com, Ilrinc.com employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by us, may harm Ilrinc.com or users of our website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- “Scrape” or disaggregate data from the Site (whether by manual or automated means) for any commercial, marketing, or data compiling or enhancing purpose.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Site.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
Content That You Make Available on the Site
The Site may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Site.
If you voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., user name, email address) on the Site, such as on a forum, chat room or on any other user or member-generated pages, that information can be viewed in search engines, collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited contact from other parties. We advise that you not post any personal or other sensitive information on our Site.
Any User Contribution you post to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Site, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness. We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Site.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Site.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information related to anyone posting any materials on or through the Site. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE COMPANY/SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we cannot and do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Site, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, harass, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Promote commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if that is not the case.
Your Indemnification of Us
YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER, VERYWELL OR ABOUT, INC. NOR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES OR LICENSORS (INCLUDING OUR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR CONTRIBUTORS) SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SITE AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SITE OR ARISING OUT OF ANY ACTION TAKEN IN RESPONSE TO OR AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SITE. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST VERYWELL, ABOUT, INC. AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND LICENSORS (INCLUDING OUR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR CONTRIBUTORS) ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THEREON.
Third Party Links, Advertisements, Websites and Content
We do not review or monitor any websites, advertisements, or other media linked to or available through the Site and are not responsible for the content of any such third party advertisements or linked websites. Prior to purchasing any third party products or services described on the Site, you are advised to verify pricing, product quality and other information necessary to make an informed purchase. Neither Verywell nor its parent or any of its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, agents, representatives or licensors shall have any liability arising from your purchases of third party products or services based upon the information provided on the Site, and we shall not receive or review complaints regarding such purchases.
Waiver and Severability
Verywell deals with copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). You may not post, upload, or otherwise place any content or information on the Site that belongs to a third party, unless you have the legal right to do so. If you believe in good faith that your copyrighted work has been reproduced on our Site without authorization in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify our designated copyright agent either by mail to Copyright Agent (Legal), About, Inc., 28 Liberty St, New York, NY 10005 or in an email to SafeHarborAgent@verywellhealth.com. This contact information is only for suspected copyright infringement. Please include the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Site, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material, such as the precise URL (web page) that it appeared on, along with any copies you have of that web page.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number and email address).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the written notice is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Site is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees).
It is the policy of Verywell to disable the accounts of users who repeatedly post infringing material on the Site.
These advertising guidelines (“Guidelines”) set forth standards that govern the placement of advertisements and sponsored content (collectively “Ads”) by any advertiser, agency or technology provider that About, Inc. partners with (collectively, “Advertisers”). Advertisers must adhere to these Guidelines when placing Ads, including Ads purchased under the AAAA/IAB Standard Terms and Conditions, on websites or mobile properties owned or controlled by About, Inc. (“About”), including Verywellhealth.com (collectively “Verywell”).
These Guidelines are intended to provide general parameters for Advertisers in connection with Ad creative and content served on Verywell. They are not exhaustive and do not address every situation or issue that may arise in the course of business, particularly given the rate of change within the media and advertising industry. Accordingly, these Guidelines are subject to change from time to time in About’s sole discretion.
Advertisers are responsible for understanding and complying with all applicable laws and regulations, including FTC guidelines regarding advertising, native advertising disclosure, privacy, and data security. All Ad’s must be fair, truthful, and clearly distinguishable from editorial content. Advertisers are responsible for ensuring all Ads and related claims are adequately substantiated. Further, Advertisers must adhere to About’s Prohibited Content Guidelines and Additional Standards for Advertisers, which are incorporated into these Guidelines and set forth below.
Ads served through networks or exchanges are reviewed on a regular basis and, in addition to any other remedies About may have, About reserves the right to remove, without notice, any Ads that do not meet these Guidelines, regardless of whether the Ad was previously accepted by About.
Ads may not contain or promote the following:
- Drugs/Alcohol/Tobacco. Ads may not promote illegal drugs, illegal substances abuse of prescription drugs, use of Alcohol (except for beer and wine), or tobacco products, or any related paraphernalia thereto. Lawful products and services which promote quitting tobacco related products are permitted.
- Weapons/Violence. Ads may not promote the use, distribution, or making of firearms, ammunition, explosives, pyrotechnics or other weapons. Ads may not promote violence, cruelty, or physical or emotional harm to any person or animal.
- Illegal Activities/Gambling. Ads may not promote any illegal or other questionable activities which may be illegal in one or more jurisdictions, including without limitation hacking, counterfeiting, or other activities that may violate the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or contractual rights of others. Ads may not contain or promote content related to scams, financial schemes, pyramid schemes or other fraudulent or illegal financial or investment opportunities. Ads may not promote casinos, gambling, betting, numbers games, sports or financial betting. Ads promoting state lotteries are permitted.
- Hate/Intolerance/Discrimination. Ads may not contain or promote hate speech, personal attacks, or discrimination toward any individual, group, country or organization.
- Obscenity/Indecency/Profanity. Ads may not contain or promote any obscene, indecent, profane or offensive words, images, sounds, videos or other content.
- Political/Religious. Ads may not contain hostile, offensive, inflammatory or hateful speech related to political or religious topics or groups. Ads may not exploit controversial political, social, or religious issues for commercial purposes.
- Sexual or Adult Content. Ads may not include full or partial nudity, depictions of people in explicit positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative. Ads will not contain text or images exposing anyone or anything involved in explicit sexual acts or lewd and lascivious behavior. Ads may not promote escort, dating, erotic message, pornography, or other sexual products or services.
- Disparagement/Defamation. Ads may not contain disparaging or defamatory information or content which tends to harm the reputation of About or any other individual, group, or organization.
- Gross Depictions. Ads may not contain or promote content that is crude, vulgar, degrading or likely to shock or disgust.
- Militant/Extremism. Ads may not contain or promote extremely aggressive and combative behaviors or unlawful political measures, including individuals or groups advocating violence as a means to achieve their goals.
- Sensitive Content. Ads may not target sensitive categories such as financial status, medical conditions, mental health, criminal record, political affiliation, age, racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical affiliation or beliefs, sexual behavior or orientation, or trade union membership.
- Free Goods/Services. Ads may not distribute or promise to distribute any free goods and services.
- Targeted at Children. Ads may not specifically target children, including through cartoons or other similar content.
- Unverifiable Claims. Ad’s may not make confusing claims that reasonable consumers cannot readily understand and evaluate
- Before/After Images. Ad may not depict “before and after” images or images that contain unexpected or unlikely results.
- Health and Safety Claims. Ads may not promote actions likely to harm one’s health, such as bulimia, anorexia, binge drinking, or drug use. Ads may not make health claims that are not clearly substantiated. Advertisers may be required to submit supporting documentation to substantiate their products’ claims.
- Misleading/False/Deceptive: Ads may not contain any information or content that is potentially misleading, false, or deceptive, including content which is meant to deceptively generate clicks such as fake “close” buttons.
- Competitive to Verywell/Affiliates. Ads may not promote direct competitors of Verywell or any of its parent, affiliate, subsidiary or other related entity.
Advertisers and Ads must adhere to the following standards:
- Audio/Animation. Ads may not include overly disruptive audio or animation that plays automatically.
- Popups/Downloads. Ads may not include lead ads, floating layers, pop-ups, surveys, or any digital downloads.
- Malicious Software. Ads may not contain malicious code, including malware, spyware, trojan horses, bugs or viruses.
- Phishing. Ads may not trap or trick a user into providing money or any account, personal or other sensitive information.
- Separation. Ads must contain clear boarders and be displayed so they are unmistakably not part of Verywell’s site content.
- Compatibility. Ads must function uniformly on both Apple and PC formats, as well as all major Internet browsers.
- Independence. Ads may not appear to compromise or influence Verywell’s editorial independence from Advertisers.
- Endorsements. Ads may not create or imply the existence of any endorsement by Verywell of any product, service or organization.
- Landing Pages. Landing pages associated with Ads must correspond to the Ads call to action and not engage in “bait and switch”.
- Intellectual Property. Ads may not use any copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade- secrets, patents or other proprietary rights of About or Verywell, or any third party, without prior written authorization. Advertisers may not alter or interfere with the readability or display of any About or Verywell trademarks, logos or designs.
- Data Collection. Ads may not include open-box forms to register users or collect personally identifiable information. Ads may not collect and sell mailing lists without the users’ express permission. Advertisers may not collect any personally identifiable information from Verywell users or place any cookies, applets or other similar files — if those files transmit any personally identifiable information to Advertisers — on desktop computers or mobile devices of Verywell users. Advertisers must handle data with appropriate care, not misuse any data which they are permitted to collect, nor collect any data for unclear purposes or without appropriate security measures.
Licensed & Third-Party Content
Licensed or third-party content is carefully reviewed by the Verywell editorial team to ensure that it is aligned with our policies and standards. Any such content is labeled to notify you of its source.
The internet offers endless consumer choice, putting millions of products at your fingertips, and we want to do what we can to streamline the steps you need to take to find what you’re looking for quickly and reliably.
The expert writers and editors of Verywell’s product review team help our users make the best purchase decisions by obsessively scouring the retail landscape (both online and off) to identify and research the best products for your healthy lifestyle and family. We receive an affiliate commission on some, but not all, of the products that we recommend if you decide to click through to the retailer site and make a purchase.
Trust: Our independent writers and testers pick products that are the best in their category and they do not know the terms of any of our affiliate partnerships, so you can be sure you are getting authentic and trustworthy recommendations. Furthermore, we buy all of the products that we test with our own money and never accept anything for free from manufacturers. We want to make sure we’re providing you with the most unbiased feedback that we can.
Product content: Curated lists of recommendations are written by writers with subject-matter expertise in every product category. Recommended products run the gamut from budget to splurge-worthy, and are not favored because of any loyalty to one specific retailer or brand. We make it a point to recommend products from reliable companies who deliver exemplary customer service, so you can have a seamless shopping experience. The availability of products is checked daily by a team of dedicated editors.
After a list is published, it is regularly revisited and updated, if needed, to ensure that existing recommendations are fresh, accurate, and helpful.
If you have questions, comments, or opinions you’d like to share with our product review team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Contact Us
This Site is a Dotdash Meredith brand, owned and operated by Dotdash Media Inc., located at 28 Liberty St, New York, NY 10005.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Site should be directed to: email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting Verywell.