Independent Living Program Strategies for the 21st Century
- Category:Foster Care Sale Package, Foster/Adoptive Parents, Life Skills Materials, Program Coordinators, Teacher/Student Resources, Training
2019 Inventory Sale Item
Program Strategies is also available in Digital Format
Written in concise, non-technical language, this book offers impressive coverage of independent living program issues: planning, funding, resource development, evaluation and follow-up are carefully detailed for both public and private sectors of child welfare.
Nancy Carter and Bill Griffin have decades of experience assisting and training staffs of transitional programs around the country. They have revised this classic text for use in the 21st Century - Chafee era!!! Seen as a "how-to" guide for transitional progrmaming, It offers the staff of established programs advice on how to enhance programming and expand into new areas. Advises those contemplating the development of new programs on immediate activities and long-range plans. Realities of limited funding, unmotivated staffs and youths, legal and policy barriers, and private sector support are factually presented along with methods for overcoming these barriers.
Over 225 pages with 19 detailed sections and Appendices:
- Program Incentives
- Jobs/Vocational Program
- Elements of a Comprehensive Plan
- Staff Specialization
- Planning a Project Approach
- Education/Vocational Preparation
- Advisory Boards
- General Themes
- Independent Living Case Plan
- Mini or Seed Grants
- Information/Public Relations Materials
- Follow-up After Transition/Post-Discharge Services
- Overall AILP Training
Best Use: A must for all independent living program coordinators and others interested in learning about independent living.